Pages

Sunday 19 February 2012

'A litte to fat'

Okay Okay, I've had a few people tell me to carry on with the blog so here I am again. After forgetting my details then my password and having to do a number of changes to passwords etc, I have finally managed to get back into my blog!

So let me update you on every thing that has happened over the past 12 months! 

1) I've been back to the Philippines. I had a wonderful time! I will post a few pictures up soon. 

2) I've been sitting in my room for the past couple of months trying to teach myself the techniques of special FX make up, sculpting, prosthetics etc. It's a slow process but I feel I'm starting to get into the swing of things. Again I will post some pictures up of my progress.

3) Well there is no number 3 but I'm sure there will be soon!

I'm going to start with something that has plain out irritated me of recent. I don't usually comment on recent happenings in the media but this caught my eye. Following my post about being proud of our bodies I felt particularly angered by the recent comment Karl Lagerfeld fashion designer and Creative Director of Chanel so harshly made about the Grammy Award winning artist Adele. For those that have not read the news Karl Lagerfeld felt the need to comment on Adele's weight calling her 'A little to fat'. Now don't get me wrong I understand in fashion there is a need to watch ones weight but what is Adele 'a little to fat' for? She is a recording artist and quite frankly a bloody amazing one at that. I find it interesting how Mr Largerfeld found it easy to dish out his opinions about other people's weight when he was once over weight himself. Screams hypocrite to me

                                           Before                               After

Largerfeld has now retracted his comment saying that his statement was taken out of context. I'm not sure what he was trying to say in the first place but as far as I'm concerned he meant exactly what he said!
Adele has since held herself in a way that every woman should be proud of, she has been graceful and not lowered herself to Mr Largerfeld's standards. Now hardcore Adele fans have encouraged others to boycott Chanel. Maybe it's time for Largerfeld to bite his tongue next time he feels the urge to spit his horrendous opinions upon anyone else.


                                                                            Adele




I would really like to know your opinions on this matter. As for me I would just like to say that Adele is a beautiful woman with an incredible talent. She strives for what she believes in and is a fantastic role model for the every day woman. Keep it up Adele! 


With all that being said I'm showing my support by dedicating my song of the day to this lovely lady!

So here is one of my favorites, this is Adele 'Someone like you'.

Enjoy!! 




1 comment:

  1. so you like adele too, i really like her, she has a fantastic voice,and certainly he's very talented.

    ReplyDelete